Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hilltop Home and Garden Tour


My garden was just on the first Hilltop Home and Garden Tour. Nothing like a little pressure to get provide motivation to get all of your projects done. After a great flurry of activity, including a visit from a news crew, the yard was ready for the big day. It was a fantastic experience. Many positive comments, lots of interest in the methods of gardening that I employ. Several people have asked for me detailed information on how and what I do. I plan to provide that here. I will include both successes and things that still need improving. This is how the house looked the day of the tour. That is a PawPaw (Asimina triloba) tree in the front right. There are actually two. The second is immediately behind the one seen in the photograph. They have fruit on them now and I am looking forward to early September to taste their tropical goodness. More on them later.

No comments: