Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You throw it away I say wait I minute... I could use that to...


Tires turned inside out make wonderful mini raised beds. The soil heats up faster and it is a great way to get kids interested in gardening. Be sure to scrub them well.


Chimney tiles sunk into the ground ar a great way to contain those herbs that want to go everywhere. A discarded terracotta saucer makes a great birdbath.

What grows in my garbage cans? Well, since I don't throw that much away, I grow potatoes in mine. They are so easy to harvest, just knock them over. No digging!!!

2 comments:

Millimeterman said...

Mister Todd...great ideas! I will try a couple...(oh heck, I love them all)The trash can idea is my favorite, but the tire spin (LOL!) works too!

maryann0094 said...

I love it!

We planted potatoes as well but did experience quite a bit of digging come harvest time. I am going to steal this one.